Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Things I will not miss

I had the kind of crazy, run around type of day that is all too common in my world.  One child had a day camp at the zoo.  The other had a pre-audition workshop for dance.  An appraiser came to our home to assess our baby grand piano, since we're thinking that's not practical for our boat.  We will have to sell it.  And a mechanic came out as well.  That one was pretty horrifying, as he told me that the air conditioner itself is just fine. It's the mice chewing at the wiring that is the problem.  The little beasts have eaten through a bunch of wiring and that's why the air is out.  And it's 90 degrees and humid.  Try teaching a dog class in that.  Now we need an electrician. And oh! Is that the time?  I had three private dog training appointments, peppered in locations all over the south metro.  More drive time than appointment time.  I started at 6:30am and got home around 8:30pm.  This, I will not miss.

If nothing else, this will be here to remind me of this sort of day when something goes wrong on the boat.  I can look back at this blog and think to myself, "At least, I'm no longer doing that!"

I saw my children for a total of approximately 17 minutes today.  There was so much rushing around that when we are all (briefly) home at the same time, all I wanted was to sit in a quiet room by myself.   I wonder how many people feel like they're rushing through their lives to "get to the end" of the work?   Because that's how I felt today.

Then my sweet husband informed me that he will take our daughter to camp tomorrow morning. I could have wept.  I want to hang out with that guy more often!  Then to put the cherry on top, he told me that there was a "favorite sailing spot" thread on the sailing forum at cruisersforum.com.  This is what I want to hold in my head for tonight's dreams:


No comments:

Post a Comment