Monday, July 13, 2015

Habla Espanol?

Nope!  At least, not yet.  Thank goodness for duolingo.com and the many translator apps I've found.  I am hoping that it will be enough to get by...my actual, secret hope is that the attempt at Spanish in a foreign country will purchase at least a little bit of goodwill and that most people speak some English.  I think that immersion once we get there will help, but until then I'll be at the mercy of the local population. 



Meanwhile, the questions keep piling up. What kind of boat will we be able to afford? And most recently, WHERE should we buy it?  There seems to be a huge variation in price if you buy a boat in Europe.  I would love to hear of others' experiences with this, so we're doing some research.  Okay, we're doing a LOT of research.

My biggest question this week has been - how do you get everything onto the boat?  I'm presuming that we can haul the clothes we need to the marina, as well as some other necessities like linens and such.  But what about cookware, dinnerware?  We live in Minnesota. The last time I checked, there wasn't an ocean nearby.  Are we supposed to load up our car and drive to a coast with all of our stuff?  My husband says that if it doesn't fit in a car, it won't fit on a boat. But really?  There are 5 of us, and we have a Ford Fusion. 'Nuff said.   I think there must be some way to get the stuff on the boat that we need.  Can we bring a tv?  What about the Wii?  lol

Color me baffled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment