Friday, August 14, 2015

Another piece of the puzzle clicks into place


My niece and her fiance have agreed to live at our home!  The plan is tentative, but things look good. This is a giant puzzle piece, and it's a big relief to have it sliding into place.  Of course, it's also another thing making this whole idea a whole lot more real.  The practical questions of what to sell, what to keep and what they will want to keep have hit me full force.   My guess is that they'll want the riding lawnmower to stay!  It's 10 acres of property with about 2 acres of lawn and yard.  They might want our Jeep to double as snow blower.  Those are the obvious ones. But what about everything else?  Do they want the big TV?   Will they use this couch or that bed frame? What about the dining room set?  My brain might explode.  We will see them in a couple of weeks and I will attempt not to bombard them with these questions. 

My greatest challenge seems to be breaking the To Do lists down into manageable pieces.  I find that there is so much to do that I am frozen, overwhelmed.  There is so much to do that I do nothing at all.  I'm paralyzed.  I need to figure this out.  My hope is that when the kids start school in a couple of weeks, I will be more focused and able to answer these questions. 

Suddenly, leaving this place is bittersweet.  The hummingbirds will definitely miss us!  I'm a tiny bit jealous of my niece.


No comments:

Post a Comment